There are a variety of ways to support Tree House and be a part of our community of care!
Our shelter is always in need of essential resources, including cat food, litter, sheets and towels, batteries, and many other supplies. Please see below for a list of acceptable donations. If you have questions about whether we need something, call us at 773-262-4000, or see our Amazon wishlists below for detailed lists of our current needs.
You can drop off in kind donations in person at our shelter during business hours or mail them to us!
Tree House Humane Society
7225 N Western Ave
Chicago, IL 60645
- New & gently used scrubs
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) (masks, gloves, etc.)
- Dry cat food – opened or unopened, any brand, expiration up to 6 mo
- Canned cat food – any brand, expiration up to 1 yr
- Cat Litter – any brand, open or closed
- Cat and dog treats – unopened
- New cat toys
- Linens and towels – all sizes
- Hard-sided pet carriers in good condition
- TRUCatch Traps
- Unopened prescription foods – any prescription type
- Non-expired medications and supplements
- Unopened bags of fluids – must still be wrapped in plastic
- Unopened/unused insulin syringes – U-100 only
- Unopened Revolution flea/tick preventative – any size, cat or dog
we can not take any of the following items:
- Needs/syringes (except U-100 insulin syringes)
- Controlled substance medications
- Chemotherapy agents/medications
- Cytotec or Misoprostol medications
- Dog food
- Used cat trees, beds, litter boxes, toys, or scratchpads
Our cats need stuff! Check out our wishlist to see what they’re asking for.
Workplace giving & matching gifts
It’s easy to increase the amount of a gift without straining your budget. Check with your employer to see if they match charitable contributions—many companies match dollar-for-dollar (or more!), which is a great way to maximize your donation. Set up your donation as a recurring payroll deduction and increase your impact even more!
If Tree House is not included on your company’s list of approved non-profits, email us at email@example.com, and we can contact your employer!
Stocks, securities, and Donor Advised Funds
Donating appreciated stocks, bonds, mutual funds and other securities can benefit Tree House and our cats, while providing you with a charitable tax deduction. By making a gift of appreciated securities, you may also avoid capital gains taxes. To initiate a charitable securities transfer, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal Fundraising Pages
Celebrate your birthday, graduation, wedding, (or something creative!) and raise money for the cats as you pursue your personal #goals. Small donations can really add up; ask everyone you know for $5 (you can do so with a Facebook fundraiser online), and before you know it, you’ll have raised $500! Learn more about DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Fundraising here .
chewy’s rescue referral program
Use our unique referral link when placing your first Chewy order and Tree House will receive $15 through our Chewy Referral partnership. (Please note: Accessing Chewy through this link ensures that Tree House will be benefitted. Chewy is aware that your receipt does not currently provide confirmation details of this benefit and is working to address this issue.)
Partners for Pets
Questions? Call us at 773-262-4000 or email email@example.com