Our cats need stuff, too! This list is updated on a regular basis.
Our shelter is always in need of essential resources, including cat food, litter, sheets and towels, batteries, and many other supplies. Please see below for a list of acceptable donations. If you have questions about whether we need something, call us at 773-262-4000, or see our Amazon wishlists below for detailed lists of our current needs.
You can drop off in kind donations in person at our shelter during business hours or mail them to us!
Tree House Humane Society
7225 N Western Ave
Chicago, IL 60645
- Delicious kitty food: Friskies and Fancy Feast!
- Dry cat food – opened or unopened, any brand, expiration up to 6 mo
- Canned cat food – any brand, expiration up to 1 yr
- Cat Litter – any brand, open or closed
- Cat and dog treats – unopened
- New cat toys
- Linens and towels – all sizes
- Hard-sided pet carriers in good condition
- TRUCatch Traps
- Unopened prescription foods – any prescription type
- Non-expired medications and supplements
- Unopened bags of fluids – must still be wrapped in plastic
- Unopened/unused insulin syringes – U-100 only
- Unopened Revolution flea/tick preventative – any size, cat or dog
we can not take any of the following items:
- Needles/syringes (except U-100 insulin syringes)
- Controlled substance medications
- Chemotherapy agents/medications
- Cytotec or Misoprostol medications
- Dog food
- Used cat trees, beds, litter boxes, toys, or scratchpads
Don’t have things to donate but still want to give? Our cats keep wishlists!
Favorite Toys. For enrichment, socialization, behavior, and fun!
Kitten Supplies. Our kittens don’t get baby showers, but this is the next best thing.
General Supplies. There are some standards we can’t live without.
Questions? Call us at 773-262-4000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org