Cancellations, Postponements, and Changes to Tree House Programs Due to COVID-19
Due to COVID-19, our shelter building has been temporarily closed since March 17 per the stay at home orders issued by Governor Priztker. However, as the restrictions are lifted and Chicago moves into Phase 3 reopening, Tree House is committed to keeping everyone – including our staff, volunteers, visitors, and cats – as safe as possible while we continue to fulfill our mission of providing lifesaving care to stray cats and kittens and to our community members who need help with feeding their pets, and with TNR and adoption services.
Below is a list of our services that will be reopening, many of which will have modified hours or protocols. This list will continue to be updated as things develop, and we appreciate your understanding and flexibility.
Updated: June 5, 2020
SHELTER LOCATION HOURS
Mon-Fri, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. (Exterior vestibule doors open to allow for drop-off deliveries; interior doors will be locked, entry by appointment only)
Beginning the week of 6/15: seven days a week,10am-6:30pm, by appointment only.
Services & Operations
- Pet Food Pantry — This program will become a delivery service starting the week of 6/8; until then, curb-side pickups are available every other Thursday. Please call first to confirm.)
- Adoptions — Adopters may schedule a virtual adoption. In-person adoptions are by appointment only beginning the week of 6/15 (7 days a week from 10 am to 6:30 pm.)
- Cat Cafe — Temporarily closed
TNR Services/Foster Parents
- TNR Spay/Neuter Services – start date 6/23 – every Tuesday by appointment only for registered Colony Caretakers. Call 773-262-4000 or email email@example.com
- Cats at Work Placements — open
- Community Cats Trapping — open
- Cat Intake — starting 6/1 on Mondays and Thursdays, by appointment only for registered Colony Caretakers. Call 773-262-4000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Foster parent pickups and return for treatment appointments — Tuesday/Wednesday between 2 pm-5 pm. Call 773-262-4000 or email email@example.com
- General volunteer orientations — temporarily suspended
- Volunteer shifts within shelter — temporarily suspended until 6/22; After 6/22, there will be a reduced capacity based on need and space restrictions. Please contact Volunteer Coordinator Shannon Gonzalez (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
- Humane education groups — temporarily suspended
- Volunteer recognition event — temporarily postponed
Major Events Calendar:
- Cat Walk — Rescheduled to August 21 – 22 with a modified format, tickets on sale July 1
- Cat’baret — Tentatively Rescheduled to October 23
- Lights of Love — Still scheduled for December 12