Cancellations, Postponements, and Changes to Tree House Programs Due to COVID-19
Tree House is committed to keeping everyone – including our staff, volunteers, visitors, and cats – as safe as possible while we continue to fulfill our mission of providing lifesaving care to stray cats and kittens and to our community members who need help with feeding their pets, and with TNR and adoption services.
Below is a list of our services that have reopened with modified hours or protocols. This list will continue to be updated as things develop, and we appreciate your understanding and flexibility.
Updated: August 17, 2020
SHELTER LOCATION HOURS
Mon-Fri, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. All visitors will be asked to sign in at the front desk.
Seven days a week, 10am-6:30pm, by appointment only.
Services & Operations
- Pet Food Pantry — This program has transitioned to a delivery service. Please see the Pet Food Pantry page for additional details.
- Adoptions — Adopters may schedule a virtual adoption appointment. In-person adoptions are by appointment only (7 days a week from 10 am to 6:30 pm.)
- Cat Cafe — Reopening with modified operations 8/21. See the Cat Cafe page for additional details.
TNR Services/Foster Parents
- TNR Spay/Neuter Services – Every Monday and Tuesday, by appointment only for registered Colony Caretakers. Call 773-262-4000 or email email@example.com
- Cats at Work Placements — Open
- Community Cats Trapping — Open
- Cat Intake — Mondays and Thursdays, by appointment only. Call 773-262-4000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Foster parent pickups and return for treatment appointments — Daily between 2 pm-5 pm. Call 773-262-4000 or email email@example.com
- General volunteer orientations — Temporarily suspended
- Volunteer shifts within shelter — At reduced capacity based on need and space restrictions. Please contact Volunteer Coordinator Shannon Gonzalez (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
- Humane education groups — Temporarily suspended. Join us on Facebook and YouTube for live, weekly conversations on a variety of educational topics!
Major Events Calendar:
- Cat Walk — Rescheduled to August 21 – 22 with a modified format, tickets on sale now!
- Cat’baret — Tentatively Rescheduled to October 23
- Lights of Love — Tentatively scheduled for December 12