2016 Stray Cat Strut
Saturday, June 18th
6601 N. Western Ave.
Your $35 Registration fee includes:
• Rainbow tie-dye T-shirt
• Special goodie bag
• Post Walk celebration at Warren Park with food, beverages, entertainment, and more
• Cats and dogs in strollers welcome!
Support Tuxedo Mask and walk for cats who can’t walk themselves!
On the day before Valentine’s Day, a good samaritan brought two-year-old Tuxedo Mask to our door in a laundry basket. He was dirty, underweight, infested with fleas, and had a severely injured and infected right eye. Our clinic team got to work immediately on stabilizing him. He was started on warm compresses, eye and pain medicine, and was given parasite treatments and initial vaccines. He was closely monitored and over the course of a few days, there was minimal improvement with his eye.
Ultimately our veterinarian recommended that the eye be removed. While preparing Tuxedo Mask for surgery, we also discovered a heart murmur. This poor guy couldn’t catch a break! After a successful surgery Tuxedo Mask is thriving. This rascal is wasting no time pursuing all the fun activities of a young bachelor, despite more diagnostic work on his heart. As a first-floor resident at our Uptown location he loves making rounds to each office to get as many treats and as much love as he can. He’s quite the handsome one-eyed fellow.
Looking at him now, you would never know that just a few months ago, he was outside during the freezing Chicago winter, barely clinging to life. His enthusiasm for life and yearning for love cannot be deterred, and we are so thrilled to have helped him recover and start a brand new life! By walking in the Stray Cat Strut, you help cats like Tuxedo Mask. If you can’t walk with us, consider donating to help more sick and injured cats like Tuxedo Mask this year.
Three Ways to Help Cats Like Tuxedo Mask
1. Register to Walk 3 Ways
• Visit TreeHouseAnimals.org/2016Strut
• Download and fill out this form, then mail to Tree House Headquarters (1212 W. Carmen Ave, Chicago, Il)
• Call 773-784-5488, ext. 225
2. Set Up Your Crowdrise Fundraiser Page Online
• You can set up a fundraising page even if you don’t walk in the Strut!
• Follow the prompts during online registration
• Link to your social media accounts to share your progress with friends
3. Compete with Fellow Walkers to Raise the Most Funds for Special Needs Cats
• Ask your family, friends and coworkers to support cats like Tuxedo Mask
• Host a bake sale or charge admission to a “movie night” at your home - get creative!
• Raise $100 and receive a catastic stainless steel water bottle
• Raise $250 and receive a water bottle and Tree House logo t-shirt
• Raise $500 or more and receive these prize plus a zip-up hoodie
• Get to the top tier of fundraising of $1,000 or more and receive all of the prizes and a gift bag of 15 toys for your cat!
The highest fundraiser wins a new Cat Tree!
(must have a min. of two donors and raise a min. $500)
The team that raises the most funds wins a party for 20 people at Trader Todd's!
(winning team must raise a min. of $1,000)
I can't walk in the Stray Cat Strut. How else can I help?
• Donate here to directly help cats like Tuxedo Mask
• You can still set up a fundraising page and raise money for cats like Tuxedo Mask through Crowdrise
• Print out flyers and post them throughout your neighborhood
Sponsor and Vendor Opportunities Now Available!
Tree House Humane Society was one of the first no-kill shelters in the nation.
Established in 1971, Tree House specializes in the rescue and rehabilitation of sick, injured, abused and abandoned stray cats. We also provide low-cost spay/neuter services for cats and dogs with the ulitmate goal of creating a no-kill Chicago and leading the way to a no-kill nation! Since our founding we have adopted out more than 20,000 animals and provided more than 30,000 free and low cost spay/neuter packages. We also help countless cats and dogs through our programs and services.
Thank you for supporting our lifesaving work!